How to Claim

Unfortunately accidents happen, but we are here to help!

To ensure that your claim is settled quickly and efficiently, please follow our simple instructions below.

Call our Claims Helpline on 0844 873 8183
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Select option 1 for windscreen only claims.
Select option 2 for motorcycle claims
Select option 3 to report any other type of claim.
Select option 4 to discuss an existing claim.

Please make sure that you have the following to hand before calling:

  • Your policy documents.
  • A copy of your driving licence.
  • A copy of the driving licence for the person in charge of your car at the time of the incident (If someone other than the policyholder).
  • MOT Certificate.
  • Crime reference number (if applicable).

Send any claims correspondence to:

Markerstudy Claims Department
PO Box 726
S40 9LG

For advice on what steps to take in the event of an accident please click here for our ‘Accident Checklist’. We recommend that you print this document and keep it in your car in case you are involved in an accident.


Your questions answered

When should I report an accident?

Always report any accident or incident to your insurance company immediately; whether you were at fault or not. You must do this even if there was no loss or damage to your own vehicle, as failure to do so may affect our ability to deal with any claim made against you or another party.

Who will repair my vehicle?

We use a nationwide network of approved garages who have been selected for their excellent customer service and quality repairs.

Our network of approved garages;

  • Arrange for your damaged vehicle to be collected.
  • Provide a courtesy vehicle for your use whilst your vehicle is being repaired.
  • Repair your vehicle and re-deliver it to you.
  • Guarantee all repair work for 5 years.

Will I get a courtesy vehicle?

If one of our approved garages is chosen to repair the vehicle, a courtesy vehicle will be provided (subject to availability). The courtesy vehicle (a small family saloon or similar) will be provided free of charge for the duration of the repairs.

Please note, a courtesy vehicle is NOT available if;

  • Your vehicle has been stolen and has not been recovered.
  • Your vehicle has been damaged beyond economical repair.
  • Your vehicle was damaged whilst your policy was extended for use abroad.
  • Your vehicle has been imported.
  • Your vehicle is a motorcycle used for commercial travelling, driving instruction or public or private hire.

What is a ‘policy excess'?

Policy excess is the first part of any claim made that you are required to pay. Your excess may vary depending on the type of claim or who was driving your car when an accident occurred (please check your policy schedule for the amount applicable).

What is a ‘total loss'?

If the cost of the repairs to your car exceeds the market value of your car, then it may be classed as being damaged beyond economical repair (or a total loss).

What is the ‘market value' of my car?

The market value is the cost of replacing your car with one of a similar specification, age, condition and mileage.