Markerstudy Limited, which is part of Markerstudy Group and includes brands Markerstudy Insurance and Zenith Insurance, has been awarded the coveted Investors in People Gold and a Health and Wellbeing award after its first assessment.
Markerstudy Limited is among only 3% of 36,000 companies in 55 countries with the Investor in People standard that have been awarded Gold status. It also has been named a ‘Champion’, meaning it can hold workshops for other businesses going for Gold. There are now plans to enter the rest of Markerstudy Group’s companies for the accreditation.
Tanya Gerrard-White, Director of HR and Talent Development, commented on the achievement: “Seeing as the Group was recently named 11th in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list, and knowing how well we look after our employees, we decided to go straight for Gold. Our assessor told us we have ‘positive and happy staff’ and an ‘inspirational’ Leadership Team.”
Markerstudy’s culture, which is based on having a fun outlook on business wherever possible, was described as ‘entrepreneurial and empowering’ and the way it recognises and develops staff was found to be a particular strength. The internal courses offered to employees through the company’s Talent Development Team were called ‘outstanding’.
Tanya added: “It’s clear from the feedback that our staff are proud to be part of Markerstudy Limited and its achievements. One of the employees interviewed said: “I have to pinch myself as I can’t believe the company I work for”. For me – that says it all – there’s nowhere quite like Markerstudy!”
John Telfer, Managing Director of Investors in People South, said: “Being recognised as an Investor in People is becoming increasingly more important, and the higher the level of accreditation, the better it reflects on your organisation to potential employees, investors and customers. Markerstudy Limited is a shining example that proves businesses can achieve great things during challenging times.”
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
About Markerstudy Limited
Markerstudy Group was named 11th and won the ‘Giving Something Back’ award at The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2014 and won both Employer of the Year and Large Business of the Year at the 2013 KEiBA awards. Markerstudy Group’s insurance arm includes Markerstudy Insurance Company Limited and Zenith Insurance plc (acquired in January 2010) plus supporting companies Markerstudy Limited and Zenith Insurance Management UK Limited, providing distribution, claims and administrative support. St Julian’s is the MFSA regulated Insurance company writing EL/PL classes for the Group.
The following brands operate within the Markerstudy Retail Division: Blagrove Insurance Brokers, Caterer’s Club, Equesure, Insurance Choice, Insurance Factory.com, Insurance Factory Commercial, Insurance Shop, Mobilers, The Insurance Factory and Thames City Insurance, all of which offer value and choice to a wide range of customers. The Group recently acquired four businesses from Capita Insurance Services - Lancaster Insurance Services, Sureterm Direct, Delta Underwriting and BDML Connect. In addition,
The Markerstudy Group encompasses Auto Windscreens, which joined the Group in February 2011, TCW Group, acquired in June 2011 and Vision Vehicle Solutions Limited, purchased in December 2012.
For further information, contact:
Group Communications Manager
Tel: 0844 854 8713
About Investors in People:
• Investors in People offers a practical, flexible and easy to use framework for improving business productivity, performance and competitiveness in organisations of all types and sizes through good practice in people management.
• An organisation that has achieved Investors in People has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles:
• Plan - developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies;
• Do - implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation;
• Review - evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
• The UK Commission for Employment and Skills has strategic ownership of the Investors in People framework. Investors in People is part of the UK Commission’s ambition to improve skills, employment and productivity across the UK.
• The Investors in People framework is delivered by a partner network:
1. In England, the network of Investors in People Centres.
2. In Scotland, Scottish Enterprise (SE) or Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE).
3. In Wales, the Business Skills Delivery Team at the Department for Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills, Welsh Assembly Government.
4. In Northern Ireland, the Department for Employment of Learning.
For more information on Investors in People visit www.iip-south.co.uk.
Inspiring Business Performance (IBP) enables organisations to build success and competitive advantage through the alignment of their people with the business direction and objectives. IBP helps businesses develop a more motivated and productive workforce, inspired to perform and achieve.
Through providing consultancy and a range of innovative products and solutions from the strategic to the tactical, we help our clients to create working environments where employees want to contribute and succeed, and businesses that customers want to engage with. IBP will work with you to address challenges, find solutions and implement improvements to reach your business goals.
Working with organisations from all sectors and sizes, our clients range from small businesses to multinationals.
With a solid track record of successfully helping organisations achieve accreditations, such as Investors in People and Lexcel, IBP now offers a range of practical solutions for business.