- Gary Humphrey's Bird’s Eye View - 21 February 2023
- Base camp with Amanda Fox - 10 February 2023
- Ghost Broking webinar - 27 January 2023
- Markerstudy appoints Andy Squires head of household underwriting - 26 January 2023
- Join our Ghost Broking lunchtime webinar - 9 January 2023
- Markerstudy, talks all things Fraud webinar - 23rd September 2022
- Claims Apprentice 2022 - 22nd September 2022
- Markerstudy bolsters fraud credentials with key new hire - 22nd September 2022
- Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited chooses SAS to help drive analytics modernisation - 22nd September 2022
- Join our Meeting Customer Needs Through Innovation webinar - 31st May 2022
- Markerstudy Group announce completion of BGL Insurance acquisition - 27th May 2022
- Markerstudy re-joins BIBA and returns to Conference - 27th May 2022
- Markerstudy appoints Mike Wall to lead new drive on non-standard insurance - 27th May 2022
- Markerstudy Pledges - 8th April 2020
- Claims / Vulnerable Customers Covid-19 – FAQs - 8th April 2020
- Markerstudy Pledges in response to COVID-19 - 8th April 2020
- Vision and Markerstudy – working together to help keyworkers - 8th April 2020
- Auto Windscreen vans and staff volunteers help vulnerable people in Kent - 8th April 2020
- Salomons Estate becomes temporary care hospital - 8th April 2020
- VisionTrack launches deep learning AI capability with technology centre - 11th May 2018
- Storming ahead in Innovation - 11th May 2018
- A walk down memory lane - 11th May 2018
- Brigden is Back! - 11th May 2018
- May the 4th be with you - 11th May 2018
- Markerstudy scoops ‘Data, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence’ trophy at Celent Model Insurer Awards 2018 - 3rd May 2018
- Markerstudy is proud to announce its support for Sport Relief 2018 - 31st January 2018
- All the Questions regarding Qatar-RE - 30th January 2018
- GDPR – Your questions answered - 30th January 2018
- Back in a TRiCE! - 30th January 2018
- Auto Windscreens: Now you see it…! - 30th January 2018
- Qatar Reinsurance Company Limited to acquire Markerstudy Group Insurance companies subject to regulatory approval - 2nd January 2018
- We love awards! - 12th September 2017
- VisionTrack to launch game-changer in UBI - 12th September 2017
- The A-Z of ADAS: Auto Windscreens webinar with Insurance POST - 12th September 2017
- Going for Broke at Broker Expo - 12th September 2017
- Why there is no transparency without context - 12th September 2017
- Markerstudy sponsor ‘Personal Lines Broker of the Year’ at the UK Broker Awards - 5th September 2017
- Martyn Holman to head up new Markerstudy commercial offering, Guild Business Insurance - 9th May 2017
- VisionTrack introduces ‘game-changing’ new video cloud telematics product - 8th May 2017
- Win tickets to British GT! - 5th May 2017
- Martyn Holman: A Guild Age - 5th May 2017
- Gary’s piece: We’ve done a disappearing act! - 5th May 2017
- Discounts available for 3G telematics cameras with VisionTrack - 30th September 2016
- Super myths – BUSTED! - 28th September 2016
- Auto Windscreens names Rupert Armitage as Managing Director - 28th September 2016
- We’ve got our GAME ON! - 28th September 2016
- A ‘Marqued’ difference - 28th September 2016
- TripAdvisor new entry: Bob's Caff - 31st May 2016
- Bob's your uncle - 27th May 2016
- Bob's Caff: BIBA Highlights - 23rd May 2016
- Keychoice extends its motor insurance panel through new partnership with Markerstudy - 16th May 2016
- Markerstudy launches pet aggregator, Go Get it! - 10th May 2016
- Markerstudy celebrates 15-year milestone - 4th May 2016
- Markerstudy scoops ‘Data Mastery and Analytics’ at Celent Model Insurer Awards 2015 - 24th March 2015
- Sowing the seeds of business growth - 10th March 2015
- Graham Partlow joins Markerstudy Group - 3rd March 2015
- ‘5 Star’ service with Project 5 Star - 3rd March 2015
- Viva La BIBA! - 3rd March 2015
- Auto Winscreens continues it's winning streak - 3rd March 2015
- ‘Ding dong merrily on high’ for insurance’s Premiere League - 3rd March 2015
- The ‘force’ behind our events - 3rd March 2015
- Forecast on what we can expect in 2015 - 3rd March 2015
- Markerstudy complete purchase of Ultimate - 3rd March 2015
- Markerstudy has the ‘winning formula’ as 11th ‘Best Company to Work For’ in Britain - 3rd March 2015
- Will the FCA’s consultation on social media usage change the way we communicate online? - 24th November 2014
- Mobilers offers festive cheer with new scheme - 21st November 2014
- Markerstudy Group introduce ‘products with polish’ at Broker Expo North - 17th November 2014
- Fore! Markerstudy ‘putts’ Be Wiser to the post at Simpson Cup charity golf tournament - 5th November 2014
- Put your feet up at Champneys - 3rd November 2014
- Zenith launches Brightbox - 17th September 2014
- We're now offering Supercover - 17th September 2014
- Getting to know - Anthony Foster - 17th September 2014
- Customer focus at heart of double win success for Auto Windscreens - 17th September 2014
- And in other news... - 17th September 2014
- A Product with Distinction - 17th September 2014
- En route to a driverless future? - 11th September 2014
- Matt Tozer rejoins Markerstudy team - 8th September 2014
Base camp with Amanda Fox
Friday February 10, 2023
Ghost Broking webinar
Friday January 27, 2023
Markerstudy appoints Andy Squires head of household underwriting
Thursday January 26, 2023
Join our Ghost Broking lunchtime webinar
Monday January 9, 2023
Markerstudy, talks all things Fraud webinar
Friday September 23, 2022
On Thursday 22nd September, we hosted a ‘Markerstudy, talks all things Fraud’ webinar and were thrilled with the number of attendees – thank you to everyone who attended.
The key topics covered in the webinar included:
- Current and emerging fraud threats
- Fraud innovation
- What are we doing to help fraud prevention and detection?
Please CLICK HERE to view the video.
Congratulations to Graeme Mulvoy, from HF, the lucky winner of the £250 Virgin Experience voucher.
We’d like to hear from you…
Please CLICK HERE to let us know what topics you would like our future webinars to be on.
Claims Apprentice 2022
Monday July 4, 2022
We are so pleased to announce that Jordan Lewis is representing Markerstudy in the Claims Apprentice 2022 competition run by Insurance Post. Jordan, a Claims Handler, is one of six finalists taking on a variety of team-based and individual tasks in London, judged by head sponsor Kennedys, Christopher Dunn where only one Apprentice will be declared the winner! Jordon has already completed three days of challenges and commented:
“Firstly, I could not turn down the opportunity to expand my own knowledge and to get my name out into the insurance world. I mean, it’s not every day you get accepted onto something as fun and exciting as this. I love the experience so far, and would highly recommend the Claims Apprentice to anyone wanting to do something life-changing. It will really open your eyes to the adventure that the insurance industry can take you on. Finally, all I know is that I will represent my team leader Kelly Sandiford, my team and Markerstudy to the best of my ability.” We wish Jordon the best of luck in the final!
Watch Episode 4
The final six claims apprentices are set for their biggest challenge yet for their third task. The two teams must devise a ‘sustainable claims’ solution which relates to an insurance company’s wider environmental, social and governance agenda. They will then film a short video to promote their solution but which team will pass the screen test with flying colours
Watch Episode 3
Episode 3 of The Claims Apprentice - the shopping task!
Can Markerstudy Insurance's Jordan Lewis and team make it back with all of the items without going over time?
Watch episode three to find out.
Watch Episode 2
Now that the final six contestants in the Claims Apprentice 2022 have been put into teams and decided on names, it's time for the apprentices to tackle their first task!
'Devise a technical or procedural solution to enhance and/or improve the claimant’s customer journey - then pitch it!'
Watch episode two now to discover how Markerstudy Insurance's very own Jordan Lewis got on with Team Unite.
Watch Episode 1
Jordan Lewis from the claims team at Markerstudy is through to the finals of the Claims Apprentice competition run by Insurance Post. Jordon is one of six finalists all vying for the prize of becoming the 2022 champion.
The candidates will need to impress Christopher Dunn of sponsor Kennedys’ who will declare only one candidate as the winner.
Watch episode one to meet Jordan and the five other candidates and discover why he decided to take part in the Claims Apprentice 2022.
Written by Charlie North
Markerstudy bolsters fraud credentials with key new hire
Thursday September 22, 2022
Markerstudy is delighted to have welcomed Clare Lunn to the group, cementing its commitment to helping stamp out fraud within the industry.
Held in high regard amongst peers, Clare will be responsible for leading and developing Markerstudy’s fraud prevention strategy in her role as ‘Head of Fraud’. Reporting into Gary Hueting, Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited COO, Clare has already established a new Fraud Webinar series aimed at giving broker partners insights into what the industry and Markerstudy is focusing on. The first one is due to be held on 22nd September 2022 and more info can be found here.
Gary Hueting comments: “Having recently chaired the General Insurance Fraud Committee for over three years and with over 20 years’ experience in the industry, Clare is a true fraud prevention advocate. She has already been pivotal in making important changes as we continue to tackle new and emerging risks and we’re thrilled she is part of our future as we continue to fight fraud.”
Clare adds: “I’m excited to have joined Markerstudy and be championing our fraud agenda. Threats are continuing to evolve, especially in the current economic climate, so it’s important we stay agile and ahead of the curve, to safeguard our business, industry and ultimately our customers.”
Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited chooses SAS to help drive analytics modernisation
Thursday September 22, 2022
Markerstudy Insurance Services Limited has invested in technology from analytics leader SAS to support its strategy of profitable and sustainable growth. The SAS® Viya® platform on Azure, which runs on a modern, scalable architecture and is fully cloud native, will help support Markerstudy Insurance’s risk, underwriting, claims and complaints, as well as advance its data science capability.
Markerstudy Insurance supports more than 1,000 broker partners and in excess of six million policyholders with a wide variety of insurance products. Migrating to the new platform will enable the company to harness the most advanced data science capabilities to help improve underwriting profitability, gross written premium and claims management. In the future the platform can provide opportunities to offer customer insight, optimised pricing, claims automation, fraud detection and investigation and risk management with real-time decisioning available for every business area, as well as enabling scaling on demand with each new acquisition, or organic growth, at short notice.
“This solution enables us to ensure our systems use the latest technology and retain the flexibility to significantly support our workloads, while being confident this will also enhance our day-to-day operations and ensure compliance with industry regulations,” said Simon Hughes, Group Head of Data & Analytics at Markerstudy Group.
“We can now achieve these aims via advanced analytics on a single cloud-native platform, which also gives us the future opportunity to quickly develop new initiatives in areas such as fraud and customer intelligence.”
Roderick Crawford, VP & Country Manager, SAS UK & Ireland, said: “We’re delighted to be helping Markerstudy Insurance Services through the capability and scalability offered by SAS Cloud. Using advanced analytics and AI, our products lead to faster, better decision-making, and ensure models remain fair, accountable, transparent and explainable, so they can be continually optimised and remain compliant with regulations.”
Mike Wall Q&A
Thursday August 25, 2022
Number of years in the insurance industry?
I have worked in the industry for over four decades, beginning my career at George W Yates, a traditional insurance brokerage,where I progressed to management and responsibility for insurer relations. In the mid-Nineties I joined Secure Trust Group PLC as Sales Manager and Insurer Relations before joining Fresh in 2002 as MD.
What attracted you to join Markerstudy at this point in your career?
I’ve worked closely with Markerstudy for twenty years, and I know they have great people in the group and I understand the vibrancy, culture, ambitions and forward thinking nature of the business.
Some people might wonder why I took this on at the age of 60, but having had some time out I know I’m not ready to stop, I’ve got more to do, and this was just too good an opportunity to miss.
What key experience are you bringing to Markerstudy Group?
I think the key experience is growing businesses whilst supporting staff and managing external relationships.
What are your future plans or most important objective(s) for your new division?
It’s been exciting to be able to build a new team and I think that’s vital for me, to deliver on our plan to create a niche department and also produce a profitable business in line with regulatory compliance.
What makes you tick at work?
I’m a people person and really enjoy working as part of a team with a common goal.
What words of advice given to you most resonate – and do you share this with your team members?
‘If you don’t know, don’t be afraid to ask, no one knows everything.’
What do you enjoy most in your free time?
I have a busy family life and love spending time with my wife, Sally, and my daughters, Carly and Isabelle, and not forgetting our working cocker spaniel, Charlie. I also enjoy watching sport and socialising.
Markerstudy Group partners with Future First to support young talent and boost insurance career opportunities
Tuesday July 12, 2022
Markerstudy today announces a new partnership with education charity Future First, aimed at boosting career opportunities for young people within state education and giving them exclusive insight into the insurance industry.
The partnership will enable Markerstudy to offer state school and college students the support, advice and encouragement they need to consider a career in insurance services, and allow the business to connect with up-and-coming talent.
Using the Future First Hub, a social media-style platform which enables volunteers to safely communicate with students, and a range of face-to-face and virtual events, Markerstudy employees will use their skills, knowledge and experiences to guide young people from schools all over the country.
Future First is the only UK charity helping young people in state schools and colleges broaden their horizons by connecting them with relatable role models.
Tanya Gerrard-White, Chief People Officer at Markerstudy Group, said:
"This new partnership enables us to provide support, guidance and mentoring to the next generation of school leavers.
"Our industry needs to do all it can to support and attract new and diverse young talent, and Future First is uniquely positioned to help us do that.
“There are myriad opportunities within insurance services and our associated businesses, and our colleagues and apprentices from our ALEX (Aspire Learning Experience) programme are uniquely qualified to give insight to students and share their own experiences.”
Lorraine Langham, Future First CEO, added: “It’s so important that students from all backgrounds are supported and inspired to consider as many options as possible for the future.
“Being connected to companies such as Markerstudy and their employees often opens up a whole new world of opportunity for them.
“Many young people – particularly those from less privileged backgrounds – may never have considered a career in insurance services. The chance to meet and learn from someone who has gone on to succeed in the sector could inspire them to follow a similar path.”